Maryland’s coast is a prime spot for all different types of fishing! With bodies of water including the Atlantic Ocean, Assawoman Bay, Isle of Wight Bay, Sinepuxent Bay, Chincoteague Bay, the Pocomoke River, and more, there are endless opportunities- and species, to fish.
If you’re looking for charter, recreational, crabbing, fly fishing, or even spearfishing, we’ve got it, and know the best places for it.
Fishing Spots Near Ocean City, MD
- Bay Bee offers four-hour or two-hour trips in the bay seven days a week! The boat is US Coast Guard certified with a courteous crew, clean restrooms, sodas, and light snacks. They offer a fish cleaning service, and there are rod rentals and private trips available.
- Book a Sea Rocket fishing charter trip on a fun pontoon boat with rods and bait provided. The bay is full of flounder, rockfish, and bass to search for!
- Fin Chaser Sportfishing Charter is one of the most popular Ocean City charter boats. Book a big game fishing experience on an inshore or offshore trip with up to six people.
- Check out Bayside Boat Rentals for a pontoon boat to fit the whole family and invite some friends too! It’s equipped with everything you need to enjoy the day. Relax under shade canopies and hit the deck for crabbing and fishing!
- Judith M. Fishing fishes for many species including black sea bass, flounder, tautog, jacks, bluefish, triggerfish, croaker, and more. Join in on the fishing trips to explore the wrecks and reefs on Delmarva’s coast.
If you’re looking to go crabbing in Ocean city, you have to check out these spots that are famous for great crabs. Crabbing season starts in April and ends on December 31st, but you’ll have the most luck during the warm weather. Be aware of crabbing regulations and limitations to help ensure a steady supply of big blue crabs year-round. Keep these spots on your crabbing bucket list!
- Northside Park Pier
- Assawoman Bay
- Sinepuxent Bay
- Indian River Bay
Saltwater fly fishing is an exciting experience watching the fish and sharks pursue flies and get hooked. Especially in the later months of the summer, fly fishing is a one-of-a-kind experience. Book a charter for a fly fishing trip, or venture out on your own at one of these popular spots.
- Newport Bay is located about six miles from Berlin, MD, and is known for good chances of getting a bite whether you’re baitcasting or fly fishing.
- Turville Creek is another nearby spot in Worcester County that’s good for fly fishing.
Looking to try something different? OC Dive Boat is a SCUBA diving charter boat that takes guests out wreck diving and spearfishing to some of the best local wrecks and artificial reeds in the Mid-Atlantic.
Saltwater & Freshwater Fishing Spots
- Assateague Island National Seashore & State Park, the gorgeous strip of land between the Atlantic Ocean and Sinepuxent Bay is an angler’s paradise! Shore fishing is permitted on the beach or at the Marina Pier. Bay fishing is also allowed from boats in designated areas of the bay.
- Pocomoke River State Park consists of two areas open for fishing, biking, boating, hiking, and more. Shad Landing is on the south side of the river off Route 113, and Millburn Landing, on the north side of the Pocomoke River on Route 364.
- Northside Park in Ocean City is a great spot to spend the day! There’s something fun for everyone with walking trails, athletic fields, the recreation complex, and a public fishing pier.
For more adventures along the coast, check out our stories to guide your trip. Be sure to follow Maryland’s Coast on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date with the latest events, and things to do in Worcester County!