What to do. Where to go. When to do it.
mobile menu trigger

7th Annual Susan G. Komen Race

7th Annual Susan G. Komen Race

With a fundraising goal of $150,000 for this year’s race, the 7th Annual Susan G. Komen Race in Ocean City will be on Saturday, April 14th to raise money and awareness in order to find a cure for breast cancer.

Specifically, money raised will go toward research for better detections and preventions, care for underserved patients, addressing gaps in community access and quality of care, action-taking efforts and much more.

As a globally impacting cause, the Susan G. Komen Research and Training Grants program will receive 25% of proceeds from the race, while the other 75% will remain in our community to fund local programs, treatments, screenings, etc.

When registering on the Susan G. Komen Maryland website, you can start a team, join a team, or register as an individual.

Friday, April 13th at 6 pm will be the Pre-Race Party at Ropewalk on 82nd St. With happy hour prices, appetizers, an auction, and raffles, this pre-celebration will get you and your friends excited for the race the following day!

As far as the actual race goes, the Race Village in the Inlet parking lot will open at 7:30 am. After the Opening Ceremony at 8:30 am, where the team challenge awards and top fundraising awards will be given out, the race will begin at 9 am along the boardwalk.

If you want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer, this event is calling your name!

Everyone is invited to participate, whether you consider yourself a runner or not. There are two optional routes, one being 5K, approximately 3.1 miles, and the other approximately 1 mile long. If you are physically unable to participate, you’re encouraged to support and cheer on the racers from the sidelines!

Included with your registration fee ($30/adult, $15/youth) is a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure t-shirt. You can get this either the morning of the race or on Friday, April 13th between noon and 7 pm at the Princess Royale Hotel on 91st St.

Some hotels throughout town including Fairfield Inn & Suites on 25th St. and Princess Royale on 91st St. are even offering discounted rates for race participants!

It’s the best of both worlds: fighting breast cancer while enjoying a morning jog on the boards alongside the crashing waves and sandy beach. Lace up your sneakers, grab a hair-tie and join the largest charitable 5K race in Ocean City.